Spiral heat exchangers are widely used in different industrial fields due to the benefits over the others heat exchangers types.
- Spiral heat exchangers for the chemical industry;
- Spiral heat exchangers for the public utilities;
- Spiral heat exchangers for the food industries.
Spiral heat exchangers are used in the function of condensers, desiccators, and also for the heating and cooling of liquids, gases and vapor-gas mixtures.
Distillation columns can be assembled with spiral heat exchangers in the function of fractional columns.
Spiral heat exchangers are very effective for elaboration of high-viscosity liquids to dispose the problem of liquids allocation in tubes, and also in treatment of slimes and liquids containing fibrous materials and gaseous impurities.
THE BENEFITS OF SPIRAL HEAT EXCHANGER
- The ability to apply the spiral heat exchangers in “problematic” environments, such as much polluted liquids, corrosion and viscous environments, etc;
- The high efficiency of spiral heat exchangers in load spectrum;
- The little pressure losses inside the spiral heat exchanger’s channels;
- The tightness of a spiral heat exchanger, respectively the economy of work space.
- The easy cleaning of sediments of spiral heat exchangers by mechanical or chemical washing methods.
- The wide range of moving streams and channels types of spiral heat exchangers.
- The reduction of operational consumptions of spiral head exchanger on the hold-ups, as the clearing is carried out less often and easier than in other types of heat exchangers( shell-tube, laminar, plate)
Spiral heat exchangers for the food industry
Spiral heat exchangers are fit for the refrigeration of the plant oils, dispersions, solid simples, parts of seeds, grist, etc.
Spiral heat exchangers for the ethanol plants.
The following technologic cycle is used on ethanol and bioethanol plants, where the alcohol production is made by the amylaceous materials:
- Preparation, clearing and shattering of grain;
- Mixing with a hot water that is handed up from the spiral heat exchanger heated to 80-90оC.
The water is heated in spiral heat exchanger; it is called the recuperative spiral heat exchanger of brew house in engineering.
- Spiral heat exchanger of mash cooling after the hydro-fermentative treatment cools mash containing 20-25% solids from 90оC to 60оС ( in case of using hydrolyser) or to 32-35оC ( in schemes that are not used in engineering).
Spiral heat exchangers have a good reputation, unlike the coil pipes in fermenters (incorporated inside the fermenter coil pipes-heat exchangers). They are not cleaned properly because of constructional peculiarities of location and that is why it usually causes microbiological pollution of wash.
The offset spiral heat exchanger for mash cooling is convenient for cleaning. In the process of fermenter washing away the water is pumping trough the spiral heat exchanger.
Spiral heat exchangers recommended it selves in recycling water supply systems with natural resources use that are refrigerants.
Spiral heat exchangers or spiral heat exchangers stand/s on primary tuned circuit – pond, river, impoundment…Spiral heat exchanger is not afraid of biological or mechanical pollutions in recycling water, the reason of which can be accumulations.
Heat exchangers with detachable plate can be easily cleaned and can be used for the heat carriers with hard spots or biological scurf, obstructing rate by that, like in laminar heat exchangers. The heat exchangers with detachable plate can be easily cleaned and used for the heat carriers with hard spots.
Constructional peculiarities of the spiral heat exchangers’ production.
Dowel bars - the girth rails between spiral heat exchanger’ sheets are used with a purpose of powering up the construction of the spiral heat exchanger. Dowel bars between sheets of the spiral heat exchanger are made by the analogue material as for the spiral heat exchanger. The dowel bars are cramped to the sheet of spiral heat exchanger by sealing method.
Spiral heat exchangers have a number of advantages over the other types: laminar, shell-tube heat exchangers.
The main plus point is ability to use spiral heat exchangers for the pumping liquids and mixtures that contain solid particles commensurable between two spiral turns. If, for example, the height between sheets of spiral heat exchanger is 14 mm., then the size of impurities in liquid will amount up 10-12 mm.